Re: my gardening season

  • Subject: Re: my gardening season
  • From: cathycrc@comcast.net
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 01:13:48 +0000 (UTC)

I know how you all feel. Just haven't been able to keep ahead of the weeds...
even in the front beds that have been weeded 3 times. I blame the rain,
partly, and a schedule that seems to keep me busy on nice days, while free on
rainy ones. I return tomorrow from 2 weeks in Miami helping my daughter and
her family move in. DH came for the second week, and we drove to Key West for
a day and a half. The granddaughters experienced the ocean for the first time
at Bahia Honda State Park. It was hotter in Quincy than in FL, according to
the weather reports... and still is. I have nightmares that the teenagers
tasked with watering containers and my vegetable garden didn't. Had to leave
some plants I put in this B spring to fend for themselves. God only knows what
I will find. Groused to DH yesterday that if he insists in traveling as much
next summer as we are doing this summer, I won't plant anything next spring!