Re: Cat breakthrough
gardenchat@hort.net

Great story, Daryl --bet he's  a sweetie at heart --
--Barb
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 5:38 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Cat breakthrough

This evening, I went to feed the chickens. As I came out the door, Blackie
came up to talk to me, and immediately flopped and rolled, making air biscuits
as I talked to him.  I reached my hand down, and he sniffed my hand, then
rolled again and touched my finger with his paw.

When I went to check his food bowl, he ran, of course. I filled the bowl and he came back, brushing against my leg. I stayed there, and touched his tail. He didn't run, so I chanced touching his back. He still didn't run, though he flinched. I started stroking his back from shoulder to tail and he flinched again, but stayed there, then arched his back to enjoy it. I patted him for a
half a minute or so, then when he shied away, left to feed the chickens.

When I was done with the chickens, he was nowhere in sight, but came when I
called. He again rubbed against my leg, so I reached down to pat him and
stroked his back for several minutes. He was purring like a freight train. I let him sniff my hand again and he licked it a little. Again, I stroked his
back for a while as he was eating.

He doesn't want his head touched, as I discovered when I tried to shoo the
mosquitoes, and he mouthed my hand (not bit) in protest. I said Ouch! and
left, both because of the mouthing and the mosquitoes.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. After more than a year, I can wait

www.theanimalrescuesite.com
www.freekibble.com
www.freekibblekat.com