Re: Cat breakthrough
  • Subject: Re: Cat breakthrough
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 18:28:21 -0400

Kitty, I'm so sorry you lost Braveheart. Sending virtual hugs.

It just takes patience. About 15 years ago, I fed Braveheart for nearly 2 years before he'd let me pet him. In little increments he crept into the house and watched as the other cats would lay on my lap as I lay stretched out on the couch. One day, the cats got up and BH decided he'd try it out and jumped up on my chest. I feared he'd claw me, but I also didn't want to flinch for fear of scaring him. He decided he liked it and moved in then and there.

I had to have him put down the other day. However, he had become one of the world's greatest cuddlers during his stay here.

Patience.  He will come.