Re: Crazy season
  • Subject: Re: Crazy season
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:45:21 EDT

Just another round in this yoyo season.  After a very hot and humid three
days for our flower show - reaching upper 90s on Saturday and heading that
way Sunday, a storm system blew through, and today we are in the mid 60s.
Our show was to close at 3:00 PM - we have to close it then because we
must be knocked down and out of the house by 4:00.  A crowd was standing
gathered - why do people always come in just at closing time? - and I was
watching the clock to announce closing in about two minutes, when the lights
went out!  My first thought was that another person was warning that it was
closing time, but then I realized the lights were out all over the house
for the emergency exit lights.  This created no real problem, as there are
lots of windows and French doors, so we proceeded to take the show apart.
Then someone remembered that the gates to the park were electronically
operated, and we might be shut in.  Well, that problem was somehow solved
by the park staff andwe managed to get everything cleared away by 3:55.Whew!
I can't resist a bit of boasting.  My little club is down to 9 active
members, but we put on a lovely Standard Flower Show, including 103
entries, of which 51 were blue ribbon winners. Of course some entries were
non-members, both horticulture and design, but still...
In a message dated 6/2/2010 11:14:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sundrops@earthlink.net writes:

> [...]
>>> poorly.  Not just mine, but throughout the woods, and others are also