Re: conditions
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: conditions
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:05:20 -0500

Hmm, that's (lack of fertilizer) what I'd heard about violets, not clover.
I fertilize once a year in the early fall with an organic lawn fertilizer. Has to go on early because it takes longer than chemicals to get taken up. And I mulch-mow. So between those 2 things and all the lightning we get, I think it gets all the N it needs.

The white-dutch - clover started small, quite a few years ago. Over time it's taking just too big an area. I have a small lot, most of which has been turned into beds, but I do want to keep a few small areas of grass. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I don't want tit to become all clover.

W be G seems to be working.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5