Re: Mulch?
gardenchat@hort.net

Hi guys, Just a note on any Ash mulch. The grinding process pretty well renders EB dead. Of course, you'll need to make up your opwn minds about using it.

Melody Hobert-Mellecker wrote:
Vera:  Hi!   It's been a while since I've been here as well...same
reason...but that's the nice thing about coming here...we know we're always
welcome!  :-)  Anyway, about the mulch...I'd say as long as you don't live
in a place that's infested with something nasty like the Emerald Borer that
could have potentially infected some of the downed trees that are presumably
mixed in with the city mulch (and I would hope no resposible city with a
known infestation would be participating in a program like this)...then go
for it...its plentiful and free!