Re: Gardens & Gardening
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Gardens & Gardening
  • From: BONNIE_HOLMES <bonnie_holmes@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:20:22 +0000 (UTC)

Conditions have been similar here. We have been running at least 7
degrees above normal, whatever that is. Our normal temperatures for June
are in the high 70s and low 80s but, this year, we have been running
weeks of 90 degree temperatures and are 6" short of normal
precipitation. It's like the entire weather calendar jumped two months
early. Of course, the weeds seem to stress the least so I am watering to
keep desired plants alive. Even along the Interstates, the grass has
already turned gold. The farmers are getting lots of hay in.

We have the warmth but not enough moisture; seems to be just north of us. However, summer flowers have been doing ok.

Anybody have a good suggestion for eliminating bind weed?

Bonnie
ETN Zone 7