Re: An Amaryllis tale

Thanks for your answer, Kitty. Isn't that some treat, finding an Amaryllis
with 8 flowers?

Just musing here, I wonder what drives such "congenital" mistakes, if they
are not genetic?

On a similar note, last summer I had a single flower of one of my daylilies
bloom into a full 7 1/2 inches across. Somewhere I have a picture of it,
taken with a ruler in the photo, so this is not a "fish tale"! The remaining
flowers on that same stalk were all deformed, but the other flower stalks on
the same plant were all perfectly normal, each about 4 inches across.

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY  zone 5/6