Re: Searching...

> From: Zemuly@aol.com
> Does anyone know where I can get Milk and Wine lilies?  I have
> everywhere, and I can't find any place that sells them.  There are
some at
> old, unoccupied houses around here, but I really don't want to have
to skulk
> around under the cover of darkness to steal some.
Well, Zem, for a plant that has become sort of endemic in Louisiana
and Florida, it's not easy to find for sale.

Wholesale only Tawakoni Plant Farm Ltd., in Wills Point, TX lists it.
 You might try calling them at  800- 880-6728 to see which retailers
they've sold them to.

BulbMania lists a whole bunch of Crinum, but, of course, not this
specific one

Jim Duggan Flower Nursery also lists some Crinum, but not this one.
You might email him and see if he has it or knows where to get it:

And, Tony Avent lists a whole bunch at Plant Delights, but not the
one you want, tho' there is a hybrid, 'JC Harvey', with it as one
parent!  You could email him, too, and see if he has some hiding
somewhere or knows where to get them.

You might also contact Marcelle Sheppard, who has a large collection
and offers some for sale - phone & addy on web site:

Waplants also lists Crinums and says on their website to email them
if you don't see what you want as they may have one hanging around:

I would be real leery about dealing with TyTy, AKA Aron's Nursery and
several other names.  I have read uncomplimentary things about
them...not to mention they want a big bucks for this bulb.

BTW, there is some thought - garnered from the crinum.org pages -
that "...C. latifolium and C. zeylanicum are mere variants of a
common species...." and they indicate that C. latifolium has been
used as a synonym for C. zeylanicum...so you might do a hunt on that

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :