From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 10:56 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Surry Gardens

Thank you bunches for writing me about sources!  I'm going to make a
copy of your post for future reference!  I should have done that the
last time we had this topic come up!

The newsletter that I'm writing for is sent to members in New England
and Canada. I live in the warmest zone of the whole region!  I am
writing about a yellow and blue/purple bed featuring daylilies.  For the
most part, I wrote about bulbs and perennials that I grow, many of which
can not grow in Zone 3!  I am adding a paragraph about cold hardy
varieties, and I think a nursery or two from the region would be a good
idea.  I read that Surry Gardens doesn't ship to Canada, and many places
in the USA, but I will check out the other sources.  Also, this is a
full sun garden, so even though I appreciate Gene's beautiful garden (I
speak from first hand experience!), I feel Gene caters more to plants
that like some shade.  Correct me if I'm wrong, Gene!

Your input has been invaluable, as usual!

Long Island, NY
Zone 7