From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Pamela J. Evans
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 12:18 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather rant flooding weekend chores

Have mercy I don't know HOW y'all can stand it. I finally got the shrubs
planted today, but they really should have gone in the ground in
February - more time to get established before the blast furnace sets
in. The clay is still quite moist but workable (BARELY) and man does
that stuff weigh a short ton. I put a semi-raised bed in for the mahonia
using concrete pads set on their sides and counter-sunk into the ground.
This will keep the overflow torrents from tearing it up too durning
heavy storms. Also cleaned feeders and bird baths, even scrubbed the
rocks in the birdy wading pool.

My poor back.  Will trim up the herb bed after lunch.

Happy Saturday y'all