Re: weather rant was: just checking

Thanks, Pam...delighted to find this out - don't have cable and our
weatherpersons just parrot Accuweather, so you never find out
anything of real interest.

You are right...the results have certainly NOT been pretty.  Worst
winter in 30 years, I hear, and I believe it.  Your rain seems to
solidify when it hits here:-)

Was out today as it got about 50F (a heat wave) trying to get at my
pruning, but there's still so much snow on the ground it wasn't easy.
 I can now testify that a loaded garden cart does not like to go on
snow:-)  If this keeps up, I'll have to invest in a sled for hauling
prunings...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Pamela J. Evans <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
>
> Marge - metereologically speaking - two factors are causing this
unholy
> mess. El Nino (:-P") which is most of our problem and there's some
> phenomenon in the North Atlantic this year (can't remember what
it's
> called by weathermen - I know what y'all would LIKE to call it)
that is
> resulting in a low pressure over Greenland or some such feeding
cold air
> into the Northern tier and a big high pressure off the Southern
coast
> funneling moisture up the east Coast. The results when they meet
(as you
> know all too well) are not pretty. They did a special on our
Channel 8 a
> couple weeks ago, guess they got tired of everyone calling in w/
the
> same questions. This pattern has a name, but darned if I can
remember it
> now. And El Nino keeps pushing rain west to east and the little bit
> that's left after we get drowned, heads in y'alls direction to add
> the "fun". Personally, I'd like everything to just get back to
normal. I
> should be wearing T-shirts and a light jacket by now and I'm still
in
> heavy sweaters and a pea coat. SICK of it now.
>
> Still haven't planted my shrubs (too wet).  Marge, is that more
than you wanted to know probably??