Re: where's Gene / Hosta College

Morning Ceres,
    Not a lot of time this morning, but Hosta College is an annual event put
on by several chapters of the National Hosta bunch in this region. Limited
to the first 500 or so to sign  up. Hosta members get first choice and
reduced attendance fees. Completely volunteer and takes place at a high
school in Piqua, Ohio. Great facilities.
    We go up and check into a motel on Friday afternoon. My 5th year in a
row now to teach and attend. There is registration, lot of activities and
hospitability room. Saturday is the big day. I teach one of the hours. This
year it was "Ten Months of Bloom in the Shade Garden".Slide presentation and
lecture. Then I attend 5 classes I have signed up for. This year I took
classes on digital photography, Arisaema (given by Plants Delights
propagator), native plants, dwarf conifers. Saturday evening is a banquet
with speaker. Sunday we have breakfast and head home. All for about $35 plus
$15 for dinner and any class fees for materials.
    Really is intense and loads of fun... nothing like 500 shade gardeners
under on roof..... especially if some of them are hosta-nuts.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com