Re: now wall of water?weather rant now: flooding

Donna,
    I use them here in Colorado with fairly good success. I have planted my
tomatoes inside them on May 1 knowing that I may have a snow as late as
June10. This last year, I got to test the literature where it says "down to
16 degrees". The temperature one May morning was 18 degrees with a light
layer of snow. I rushed out and the wall o' water was frozen solid, the top
was open(rather than in the tepee configuration) and the tomato was green.
Well, I thought that when I returned from work that the plant would probably
be black after the sun worked on it all day....and it was still green. I'm a
believer!!!
    If your ground is still cold and uninviting for tomatoes(Dan Quayle) and
peppers, put up the walls and let them warm the soil for about a weak before
planting into them.

Betsy
Colorado z4 where its 50 today