Re: Hypoestes Phyllostachya

O.K. - sorry about the typos (propagate)...I was in a hurry cause I'm at work and don't want to get busted e-mailing. When you type 90 wpm, you tend to get ahead of yourself...and I didn't do the spell check. Having one of THOSE days (daze). I think I'll go home and start all over. *sigh*.

Jesse Rene' Bell

From: "Jesse Bell" <jesserenebell@hotmail.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Hypoestes Phyllostachya
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:59:43 -0600

I have a question about my "Polka Dot" plant. The latin name is hypoestes phyllostachya. When I looked up propagation on this plant, everything said, "propagate by cuttings". Well, I pinched some off and stuck it in water. It very promptly died. So...what do they mean? I feel very blonde all of a sudden. Help.

Jesse Rene' Bell
Claremore, OK
Zone 6