From: David Franzman
To: Garden
Sent: 3/10/2003 10:35 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Thank you!

Hi

First, I think that most of you know this but let me repeat myself for
those who don't know me as well as others.  By showing you the website
I'm not in any way soliciting for business on this list.  You are all my

virtual friends and I don't like selling my friends.  In fact, I've
given these plants to my friends particularly the ones who have helped
me in the last couple of years.  I sold insurance for a very short
time...months...because those are the people they want you to sell to.

Now having said that we (sorry I've used we and I in this letter) really

appreciate the feedback, suggestions and compliments for the site.
 Linda (the wife unit) said "What a great group of people!"  We've
written all the suggestions down and I can't think of a solitary one
that wasn't on the mark.  So, just to tell you, we will:

Make the thumbnails smaller to accomodate those with less than DSL:
speed

The main page will have something that states we are talking of
Tropical Hibiscus

Make it clear where we're located

Somehow indicate the size of the blooms  (anywhere from 5-11")

Double check my pronouns

I'm also going to soften the invitation to the greenhouse.  It's not
really meant to be a retail outlet.  Some traffic is ok but not a
constant stream.  That may have been too enticing.  Not for you folks
though...you can come anytime you'd like.

Make it clear we're not a "store" however, we do ship and do take
orders.

Which brings up another question:  I don't want it to be a store like
Amazon or some online nurseries.  Too many headaches.  I do ship though
and would take an order over email or the phone.  Can anybody think of a

good way to say that?  Besides I promised the guy I bought the starts
from that I wouldn't compete with him with online business and also I
like the personal contact anyway better than annoymous orders.

Please, if anybody has any other suggestions or comments I/we would love

to hear them.

Thanks again.

--

David Franzman