Re: bamboo

Hi Cathy, I'm not Melody, but can tell you that clumping bamboo does very
well, as do most bamboos in our summer heat.  There are several bamboo
growers here, as well as one of our Arboretums having an acre (give or take)
bamboo garden featuring all types.  One of the most impressive gardens
(Peckerwood gardens) featuring clumping bamboo is located in the area also.
So I don't think you would have a problem.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast