Texas bluebonnets

My friends! For those of you not fortunate enough to live in Texas (I
can see your eyes rolling now), let me tell you the bluebonnets have
begun to bloom.

Pat's are bigger and have more blooms because she has sandier soil which
they love. But even in my amended clay - they have started to bloom. In
a week or two, the roadsides will be rife w/ them! Just in time for
Jesse's visit, may be one of the few things she misses about Texas. And
when they are blooming alongside blue anemone blanda, ipheions, Siberian
squill, grape hyacinths and vinca - well it's a beautiful blue symphony.
None of those flowers are large, as you know, but the different shades
are quite lovely and complement each other beautifully. How blessed we
are to know such beauty, even when it comes w/ the tariff of an aching
back. It's all worth it. I will try to get some pictures when everything
is "peaking". Now I'm off to get another glass of back medicine (spelled
Merlot) but just close your eyes and envision it!

blessings to you all!

Pam Evans
Kemp TX/zone 8A