Re: Bombax

Island Jim wrote:
i think those were unopened blooms, jim. but the tree, which has a very short bloom window, should be offering seeds by now. i'll try to go by there tomorrow after work and check it out.
I'm sure you're right. A-Z says the seed pods are obovate-oblong,
 about six inches long; that doesn't sound like what's in the
picture. The seeds are supposed to be 'silky', maybe what seeds
in a cotton boll look like ?
Thanks for your graciousness; no hurry at all...
-jrf