Re: Texas bluebonnets

In a message dated 03/16/2003 7:09:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Cersgarden@aol.com writes:

> Auralie, I grow this and it does very well if I can keep it from the
> rabbits.
>   Ceres, Iowa zone 4/5

I grew it in a pot for the first time a couple of years ago, but planted it
into the garden at the end of the summer.  Last year it came back but did not
bloom.  I think it was too shaded.  If the plant makes it back this year
after all this winter of snow, I will try it in another place - or maybe try
again in containers.  That way I can control the conditions better.  I
believe it is better suited to dryer conditions than we normally have, but
the past six years of drought have caused me to start looking for xeriscapic