From: Maria Olshin [mailto: marolsh@ptd.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:58:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] eggplant recipes

Melody,<br><br>I hope you like them. They are two of my favorite things
any time of year,<br>but especially in warm weather, I love ratatouille!
I haven't made it yet,<br>but found a recipe for Vegetarian Moussaka
that looks promising. It's a<br>Greek eggplant casserole (the national
dish, I think), usually made with<br>ground beef or lamb and a
cheese-enriched white sauce. I used to live in a<br>Greek neighborhood,
and remember some of the food fondly. If you're<br>interested, I'll send
encouraging words about eggplant...Maria sent me<br>> 2 really excellent
looking recipes, one for ratatouille and one for<br>> eggplant
parmigiana...can't wait to try them both! And with it being<br>> lent,
I'm always on the lookout for good meat free recipes! Tony: If<br>> your
lovely wife would be so gracious, I, too would appreciate any<br>>
eggplant recipes she might have...Italian style cooking is probably
our<br>> most fav

orite type of food in our house. My ten year old is so proud of<br>>
herself...she has learned to make lasagna and it is quite yummy!.
She<br>> wants to become a chef, she thinks...and I think she is showing
quite a<br>> talent for it, so any good recipes would be quite welcome.
And if it<br>> turns out that eggplant is something we all like, we'll
probably have an<br>> addition to our veggie garden this year!<br>>
thing we can experience is the mysterious."<br>> --Albert Einstein<br>>
-

    http://www.excite.com<br>>

The most personalized portal on the Web!<br>> <br>>