Re: smoke tree/redbud

> Redbud is a forest understory tree and may not do that well up
> against a house in the sun.

Marge,
The first Redbud we planted here, we took out of our woods, and it of
course croaked.  But since then I have planted 7 redbuds, all in full sun,
4 of them with absolutely no protection from forceful winds and direct sun
all day, and they have thrived.  However, 2 of them also got absolutely
huge, one as much as 40 feet - for a tree that's supposed to top out about
25 ft.  These taller ones were from Oklahoma,  the more polite ones were
from TN.  And I have 3 that were grown locally (IN), that are half way in
between.  It is by nature an understory tree, but can do well easily in
full sun.  Of course, my Zone 5 full sun is less hot than your Zone 7 full
sun.  So where is Tigerlily?

Kitty