Re: Texas bluebonnets

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Texas bluebonnets
  • From: cathy carpenter cathyc@rnet.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:47:53 -0600

On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 04:57 PM, cathy carpenter wrote:

You are too far north? I've had no problem with it here in z5b.
Cathy
On Sunday, March 16, 2003, at 04:14 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 03/16/2003 5:01:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gardenqueen@gbronline.com writes:

winecup maybe? Callirhoe something or another - also called poppy mallow by
some?

Thanks, but no. I grow those - Callarihoe involucrata - or at least I try
to, with only moderate success because we are too far north. It's possible
that what I saw was Mimulus bigelovii, or else Nama demissum, but the
identifying pictures I have are not very clear. Anyway, that trip was a
tremendous experience. We've been to the Big Bend several times, but that
was far the best. We heard that the wildflower bloom was not great last year
- so we really lucked out. Auralie