Re: speaking of trees... smoke tree

Bummer, Donna.  Hard to tell.  I'd wait and see.  That's really all
you can do at this point.  Don't trash them until you're sure they're
dead.

If they were mature trees, chances are high that they'd put up
suckers from the roots or leaf out from odd spots in the bark, but
with baby saplings, I just don't know whether they would have enough
reserves to do that.  They just might, tho', esp. the maple.  I've
got some elms that sucker from the roots, so if yours had a decent
root system, it might try to do that.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade