Re: achin' bods...was: Hello/now vegetables

In a message dated 03/22/2003 10:10:33 PM Central Standard Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

> Wonder if the green slimy stuff you were slippin' and slidin' in was
> chickweed?

No, it was not chickweed.  I have enough of it to supply the world.  The
slimy stuff is locally called "Star of Bethlehem." It comes from tiny bulbs
and if allowed to grow really big will have little white star-shaped flowers.
 The problem is that by the time it's big enough to bloom the rest of the
yard is two feet tall, and with all the nut sedge, locust trees, lespedeza
and crown vetch, that is just not a possibility. <LOL> No wonder I have
between two and three dozen deer munching every night.
zem
zone 7
West TN