Re: smoke tree/coppicing

Last year after it had bloomed, she let me cut some branches back halfway,
and I'm curious to see what comes of it. I had read about a 3-year pruning
plan for rejuvenating old lilacs, but the height and shape of this one had
me stumped (no pun intended). Thanks for the advice, and I think she may
just have to admire it from a distance.

Maria