id help please

Hello All,
 I spent the day outdoors as it finally has become spring here. I have a
few 'things' I would like to id. It appears that something is going to
hatch, just not sure what. I have set up a web page so everyone can see
what I am talking about. I have two different somethings :) The question
is, do I let them hatch or destroy them now.

http://illianagardenpond.org/spring2003.htm

Any help is appreciated.:)

Donna
P.S. I want everyone to remind me to start working out about Jan next
year- my muscles (or lack of) are screaming after a day of pulling and
pruning and just gardening in general!