From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Lynda Young
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 6:27 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Clivia bloom was: Island Jim photos link.... new
pics

Hmmm, interesting.  I have a clivia that stays in the house all year
long and blooms every two or three months.  From what I'm reading here
that sounds out of character for a clivia, much to my delight.  It does
get good light - we have lots of windows, including a window wall on the
south side of the room.  We moved it up one pot size about a year ago
after it sent up three offsets and threatened to bust out of the pot.  I
do treat it to water to which I have added orchid fertilizer (water my
orchids by submerging in the sink to thoroughly moisten the potting
medium and then use the same water on my houseplants. I change the
orchid fertilizer depending on the time of year and whether they're in
bud or bloom, but that doesn't seem to effect the rest of plants.)  I
wish all my indoor guys performed as well as that clivia.  Now, if the
yellow ones would just come down in price.  Sigh.

Lynda
Zone 7 - West TN