From: Marge Talt [mailto: mtalt@hort.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 21:58:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Hello/now vegetables/MD

> From: Theresa- yahoo <tchessie@yahoo.com><br>> I left MD about 7 or 8
years ago. So now I live in a new place<br>with<br>> gridlock- oh yeah?
What I want to know is where are the places<br>that<br>> everyone has
come from? There should be whole counties somewhere<br>that are<br>>
moved from one parking lot to another.....yikes! You're<br>right - there
should be scads of places with nobody there, given how<br>many seem to
be moving to the large metropolitan areas. <br><br>Even 7-8 years ago,
it wasn't as bad as it is now. You literally<br>have to plan life around
the rush periods...morning rush now goes<br>from about 5AM to 10AM and
evening rush from 3PM to 8PM. <br><br>Trying to get anywhere is major
frustration. One fender-bender and<br>traffic on the beltway is backed
up for miles. When one of the<br>tractor-trailers turns over (happens
all the time), back-ups can last<br>for most of the day..

..would hate to get caught in one of those; so<br>far have not (knock on
wood).<br><br>I have to drive south to Richmond, VA every other week. We
get back<br>about rush hour and traffic on interstate 95 South (heading
out of<br>DC) is always at a complete standstill for about 15 miles from
the<br>beltway south - for no reason that is readily apparent...just
massive<br>volume. I could not make that commute every day; would blow
rest of this post:-)<br><br>For those lucky souls who do not live around
here - the beltway is a<br>divided highway (6 lanes each side in some
places) that encircles<br>Washington, DC. The Potomac River separates
side of DC and 1 bridge on the east<br>side, over which the beltway
travels. There are three bridges going<br>from Virginia directly into
DC. So, basically, all traffic going<br>between Maryland