Re: roses and stuff

No authority on roses for Florida by any means....but can say that here on
the Gulf Coast we have a dickens of a time with roses.  The heat and humidity
just do a number on most...especially hybrid teas, etc.   It seems that our
only hope and the best thing are the antique roses, or old roses that grow on
their own root stock.  Everyone here has found that there is much less black
spot (usually only occurs during cooler damp periods) and much less hassle.
I'm a HUGE fan of the Antique Rose Emporium, and highly recommend the visit.
Their perennial, rose gardens and antique buildings are really worth seeing,
as well as their growing fields.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast