Re: OT - yo! Nurses! help on this one

Nora,
Wow! Obviously, I haven't had very many prescriptions.  Any I have had have
always included  the required amount or specified a refill.
Especially in this case. The vet has always given me what I needed for the
entire course of treatment.  so when I asked him about it this morning, he
explained that 10 doses is usually sufficient.  21 doses is the prescribed
amount to guarantee wiping out the bug.  However, Pfizer will not sell the
drug via veterinary supply.  And the 22.5ml mix is the way it is sold for
humans (cherry flavored, too - ugh said the cat!) So rather than make me
take two $62 packages when there's a good chance one will do the trick, he
just gave me the one 12.5 dose pkg - but he still printed the regular 21
dose prescription on it.

Hopefully I don't ever develop symptoms myself.  the vet said if I were
tested there's a good chance I actually have it and it doesn't bother me -
just so long as I don't scratch someone (wink, wink!)The cat's test was
$30.  The test for me would be $233.

Thanks again for the insight.

Kitty

Josh