Re: Weather

We did not get the protection of the snow.  After similar warm temps, the
daffodils were spent and almost every spring blooming thing was showing...
tulips, dogwood, iris, Amelanchier, anemones, creeping phlox, redbud,
fothergilla, Stylophorum diphyllum, geranium maculatum, even the Paeonia
were showing their budding stalks ...last night, we had a significant frost
and I am not sure what will survive.  I've planted a number of natives to
provide seed, fruit, and color and hope the mast will not be lost.   Yes,
that lady is fickle or at least determined that we don't take her for
granted.
Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN
holmesbm@usit.net