Re: mourning dove shelter

Looks like you do have a birdy paradise, Pam.  I'd have to put one up
about 30 feet off the ground!

Found a copperhead in my garden once; actually one of the cats found
it.  Not a very big one and it went off into the Pachysandra and has
never been seen again.  Mostly, I get huge blacksnakes, who are most
welcome here.  The birds don't like them; major squawking when one is
climbing a tree after eggs or something; but they are good rodent
hunters, so I like to see them.  Have often found empty egg cases in
my compost heap - figure they lay them there because of the warmth.
But have never seen baby black snakes.

Bit early here for hummer feeders, but soon.  Clocks move back to
normal time this coming weekend:-)  More daylight to garden in after
work:-) :-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :