Re: Persian Shield

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> I have lots of things on that list. There are several things I know
how to
> do right, but don't get done right.
----------

No truer words were ever spoken!  My sins of omission outweigh my
sins of commission hands down!

Re: the flower spikes.  The plant I am overwintering this year
produced them; I just cut them off a couple of weeks ago in a clean
up binge.  The one I had before for several years did not try to
produce them.  This plant was larger to start out with when
purchased.  I wonder if it has something to do with plant age?  Can't
be conditions, can it?  My plant is suffering through winter in the
garage, near the opening to the greenhouse; extremely low light and
crowding as all my big pots are mashed into this one small area.  Not
ideal conditions.  But, then, maybe they flower under stress?

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi