RE: Sea Grow plus feritlizer

I wonder if there is mercury in fish emulsion now, since so many fish are
polluted too??

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Zemuly@aol.com
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 9:45 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Sea Grow plus feritlizer

In a message dated 3/5/2004 1:49:48 AM Central Standard Time, mtalt@hort.net
what brand are you using?
I don't know.  It just says fish emulsion on the brown bottle.  Remember,
Marge, I do have 12 cats living in this house.  However, they have never
tried to
get into the African violets.  BTW, last fall I used some of that fish
emulsion with kelp, and I swear it hurt some of my plants.  The gold fish
(whose name I know we have mentioned but I have forgotten) immediately lost
its leaves and couldn't seem to successfully grow new ones until I replaced
the soil.  And the spider plant (whose real name I have never known) had the
tips of all its leaves turn slightly transparent.  I was afraid to use it
on anything.
zone 7
West TN