RE: Spring at the Morgan's too!

We had heavy straight line winds and rain.  A store up in Xenia (the place
the native American's called the Valley of the Big Winds and that is known
for being heavily hit by tornados repeatedly) lost its roof.  It looked like
it had been cut off from what I saw on T.V.  I doubt I could be convinced to
settle in Xenia, myself.  Although most of the morning we were bathed in
sunshine and 70+ degree weather.  I DID NOT want to be tied to a desk!

I just ordered an Oak Leaf Hydrangea, an Adendophora (ladybells) and a
Eupatorium 'Atropurpureum' (Joe Pye Weed) for my new garden bed.  I can
hardly wait!!!  I'm so excited.  I still have half the lasagna bed to
install as soon as I get home with daytime enough to haul materials out
there to finish it!

Of course, we're expecting Snow two-four days next week, but I KNOW spring
is on its way!  My Lenten Rose is right on schedule!  Marge was right; the
flowers grow more magnificent with the age of the plant!  Oh, and my crocus,
both blue and yellow are now in full bloom most places in the yard.  Then
along the driveway, I have 5 iris reticulata already blooming.  Oh, and I
think I found some lungwort seedlings, too!  They are so cute!  It all
happened in less than a week (3-4 days really.)

Yes, I've got the 'bug' really bad right now!  I went to Wal-Mart to pick up
some face soap last week and came out with 3 red lilies, a cyclamen and an
Eryngium planum (Sea Holly) and a bunch of seeds (10 packets of sweet
alyssum among them.  I always get volunteers from the previous year, but I
wanted some for the new bed too.)

I cleaned out more of the patriotic garden today with my coat on.  (It's in
the 40's--and was all night and will be through the night to tomorrow
morning when the temps will start to drop so that it can snow on my flower
parade next week.  Of such is life.)  The daffodils are a good 5" out of the
ground, and the other spring plants--hyacinths and some tulips among them)
have just breached the soil line.  I left some leaf cover on the more tender
plants knowing snow was coming.  I took mother for a little walk in the yard
today so she could see the blooms and the new growth!  What bulbs I put in
the ground three years ago have multiplied, making nice colonies here and
there.  I'm really excited!