Re: Jim's plantation

Lots in this subdivision are 40' by 120'. The plantation is three lots, so 120' by 120'. Early, we decided to go for the botanic garden look rather than the landscape look, and plant lots of variety. That we now have five loquat trees is the result of an experiment gone bad. I planted three seedlings with the idea to growing them as shrubs for a hedge. I neglected to tell yard guy of my plan and he limbed them up to trees.

Only one of them is a named variety, and it is superior by far to the others, so I think I'm going to cut the seedlings off about a foot from the ground and practice grafting wood from the named variety to the stumps.