Re: We're waiting...

That's two major distinctions you now hold, Kitty. The latest is being the recipient of the only new job created in Indiana in the last 12 months that was not in the fast food service sector. The other, of course, is simply being the owner of an 80 pound cat ;>)

On Tuesday, March 16, 2004, at 09:59 AM, Kitty wrote:

kitchen apron - you know, goes around the neck with a waist tie and a
big pocket across the front.  Works fine and may be something you'd
use Kitty.

I have an Master Gardener apron like that which I haven't used much. This
year Purdue changed our logo and would *prefer* we purchase and wear items
bearing the new logo. I might just take the old one to work. The front
pockets are handy.
Another reason I like the idea of the apron is that, well, I really get
*into* mywork - which means that my work really gets *onto* me! If I pot
all morning and then at lunch want to un an errand I don't look very nice.
An apron will really help. Thanks for the idea.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 11:06 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] We're waiting...

From: Donna  <justme@prairieinet.net>
I have also found when working at the greenhouse and something that
know will make a real mess (like dividing water lilies), I cut
three
holes in a large garbage bag and use it as an apron... so to speak.
----------

Speaking of aprons - I actually have one I use in the greenhouse for
when I do not have on my regulation gardening togs - it's one of
those rather heavy - almost canvas - cotton numbers, meant as a
kitchen apron - you know, goes around the neck with a waist tie and a
big pocket across the front.  Works fine and may be something you'd
use Kitty.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade