Re: We're waiting...

Last time I had any interest in smoking, I worked for an outfit that rented space in the Brookings Institution Annex, definitely a no-smoking zone. If we wanted to smoke, we had to go outside--without regard to the weather. I think it was a sensible policy, and we addicts didn't seem to mind too much. Having a cigaret is only a 5 minute respite--not exactly like staying out in the cold very long.

I would also think that tobacco smoke, with its ability to spread tobacco mosaic virus and who knows what else, would be a no-no in any nursery.

On Wednesday, March 17, 2004, at 09:07 AM, Judy L Browning wrote:

Re coworker. That's a tough situation. can't ask her to go outside, hmmm. I
make my husband move downwind, or if I can, I just step upwind of his fumes.
If you're still working, she should move. Don't suppose there's a desinated
smoking area? Hope you can get this worked out. Getting an unwelcome breath
of smoke can sure ruin a nice day.
Judy B
z 6 Idaho, hyacinths, forsythia, squill & ipheion? (sp?) in bloom
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] We're waiting...

The only trouble I had yesterday with the potting mix was the frozen
The pile was outside and we worked outside, too. This is a bulkier mix
woody plants, not the fine milled stuff you'd use for filling trays. But
you are right. Those light materials like milled sphagnum, vermiculite, &
perlite can be tough on the nose and lungs. The only problem in that area
for me so far is the other woman they hired with me. She breaks
for cigarettes and doesn't always move away from the work area to smoke.
Sort of ruins the fresh air for me.