Re: We're waiting...

Can't supply what you ask for, Jim. But I can attest to the fact that it was policy when I worked at the National Experiment Station at Beltsville. Smokers were not allowed in certain greenhouses. And this was at a time when USDA was denying the Surgeon General's report on lung cancer and other heretical tracts, such as Silent Spring. You might ask USDA-ARS directly for the answer to your question.

The notion was, as I now recall, related to transfer of the virus by physical contact. Burning the evil weed had little or nothing to do with it, although it was obviously caught up in the prohibitions. That is, it's very difficult to put a cigaret in your mouth and light it if you don't touch it.