Re: Buddleia davidii a noxious weed???

I had one that self seeded all over my (relatively small) perennial bed. Got so tired of pulling seedlings, I finally pulled the plant. It was an unattractive white which I'd gotten as a pass along.
On Thursday, March 18, 2004, at 06:30 PM, Kitty wrote:

My Buddleia died out after a time, never had a lot of luck with them. But
at the Dispplay Gardens, we have some nice tall mature ones that take no
care at all and babies are popping up here and there now. We'll pot them up
for sale.

----- Original Message -----
From: <TeichFlora@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 8:30 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Buddleia davidii a noxious weed???

Thought this was interesting......
Oregon puts Buddleia davidii on noxious weed list. The Ore. State Weed
Board placed Buddleia davidii on its noxious weed B list. There is no
quarantine, and homeowners will not be asked to remove the plant from
landscapes, but the state has started eradication efforts and an awareness
program. Officials reported large populations of B. davidii in Coos County
outcompeting Douglas fir seedlings and hampering reforestation efforts.
listing applies to the species only, and the state recognized that many
cultivars and hybrids are not invasive. Ore. St. Univ. North Willamette
Research and Extension Center scientists are researching which cultivars
are least likely to escape into native areas.

zone 9  <----well into Spring now.
Texas Gulf Coast