Re: Great Day

Sorry it took forever to get back to you, Mardi. Most of our parking lots at the nursery are "paved" with washed shell. This is prehistoric shell, mostly gastropod, I think, that is quarried then hosed off to get rid of the smaller stuff, such as sand. One finds all sorts of strange things in it, including fossilized sharks' teeth and bits and pieces of bone. If you want some sharks' teeth, I'll send you some--they make great bribes for kids and grandkids.

And yesterday [Friday], I found what looks like a vertebrae. But it might be simply a weird rock, except Florida shell quarries don't grow weird rocks as a rule.