Re: Selby plant sale

You're most welcome, Auralie.  It is a marvelous list and you should
have seen my original list from that nursery....about my whole year's
plant budget!  It was very hard to cut that one down.  Yes, their
shipping is high, but they say they send larger plants than most
mailorder nurseries.  That's what I'm waiting to find out....if 'tis
so.  If they are larger, then I can understand because shipping is by
weight (and distance) and shipping costs have gone up in the last
year or so....pretty steep these days IMO.

Shipping does make a difference.  One of my favorite nurseries for
several things is Digging Dog in CA, but what with their min. order
and shipping, I just had to pass this year.  They send (or have in
the past) quite good sized plants for mailorder.  Anybody on the West
Coast should give them a whirl.  http://www.diggingdog.com/

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 03/20/2004 7:43:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> mtalt@hort.net writes:
>
> > http://www.lazyssfarm.com/Plants/Perennials/S_files/Salvias.htm
>
> Thanks so much, Marge.   That's a wonderful  plant list.  Of course
I got
> bogged down and ordered more than I should have - too many enticing
things.
> Their shipping is pretty steep, but since I can't take it with me,
I won't worry