Re: Selby plant sale NOW Possums

In a message dated 3/21/2004 10:08:48 AM Central Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:
I hear they have very sharp teeth.
They do!  All these animals come up on my front porch to eat cat food.  The
cats just sit on chairs and watch the show.  I put the pans of food in front of
the door so when the grands are here they just open the front door and watch
the show through the storm door.  The animal parade has provided them with
lots of entertainment.  Years ago I had a cat who got into it with a raccoon, but
none of the current residents seem to care who eats where.  I have found it
interesting to note that they generally come at different times of the night to
eat.  Only once did the raccoons come while the possum was still eating.  The
possum took a defensive stance and bared the sharpest looking little teeth I
have ever seen.  The raccoons ignored him, and he soon left.  You can tell I
have an active social life -- not. <LOL>