Re: Hofstra Flower show

In a message dated 03/21/2004 6:10:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Chris@widom-assoc.com writes:

> What time will you be leaving Hofstra on Friday, April 2?  I usually go
> to Hofstra in the afternoon on Friday.  My friend, Melanie Vassallo, is
> doing the children's garden this year.  Eva and I met one year at
> Hofstra as well.  What part of the flower show will you be judging?
> Eva, are you going this year?

Chris, they want to start the judging early so that it will be finished in
time for the scheduled opening.  Seven  panels of judges!  Then they will take
us off for lunch, but since my husband will be waiting, I may skip the
luncheon.  That is unless they ask him along.  Many times when I judge on Long Island
or Staten Island, it is assumed he will come to lunch too because they all
know him, but this chairman, though she knows him, is a really rigid person and
may not bend rules that much.  At any rate, I expect we will be on the road by
early afternoon.  We're heading for Bombay Hook, near Dover, and will spend
the night in Dover before we go on down to Chincoteague.  I am really looking
forward to that bit of spring and change of scene.  This has been a brutal
winter in these parts.

I wish I thought we could meet at the show, but we really need to get on the
road.  The birds will be waiting.
I just looked up the schedule to see what I'm judging.  Design Section IV -
Table Artistry; Horticulture Section I - Collections and Displays; Hortculture
Section VIII - Flowering Branches; and parts of the Youth Special Exhibits
horticulture.    You can see if you approve our decisions.
Auralie