Re: Christmas in March, vole damage

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Christmas in March, vole damage
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:44:52 -0500

Libby,
Yes mine are definitely hardy, but it was the hardy varieties that had been
doubted here.  No one even thinks about the tender ones making it here as
anything but a houseplant.  Ellen had a few listed as just a bit hardier
than the 'Christmas Tree's I purchased, but were more expensive.

Considering the extensive vole damage I had this winter, I am surprised
these didn't get destroyed.  I pulled the straw covering off everything
yesterday and I have grave doubts about the existence of the 100 baby hosta
I planted last year.  They got into my pots of daylilies and munched away at
the crowns, too.  I see their trails just about everywhere.

Kitty