Re: NOW mini-mansions and disgust

In a message dated 3/25/2004 12:38:49 PM Central Standard Time,
richa@midlands.net writes:
So now the town is repaying
a $90,000 bond that was our part of the new water system
Sounds like us!  When we first got our water system everybody agreed to
participate and no written contracts were drawn up. Then when the system was up and
ready to get connected several families dug wells and refused to participate.
 Apparently there's nothing the town can do about it, either.  We did get
some codified rules regarding the water department and passed an ordinance
stating that should a property without city water change ownership, whether through
sale or death, the new owner had to connect.  That was the best we could do.
Those people do not pay anything -- not even a fire protection fee to pay for
the hydrants. If you are interested check out our website: www.lagrangetn.com

zone 7
West TN