Re: Forsythia/Cats and Beans

In a message dated 03/23/2004 6:11:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mhobertm@excite.com writes:

> Auralie: I had a cat, Tiki, who would eat any green food we would give
> her...brussel sprouts, asparagus, peas, spinach, green beans, etc. Same
> cat also **loved** powdered blueberry muffin mix...would rip open the
> bags or cartons to get to the stuff if it wasn't behind a locked door
> she couldn't get into. Unfortunately for us, we also had a cat, Paws, at
> the time who had extra toes and like magic could open any cupboard door
> in our house, even the kitchen cupboards that had push latches on them,
> so we were forever and a day coming home to ripped up boxes of powdered
> blueberry muffin mix! Wierd! But you gotta love those cats, don't you?

Melody, I love all cats, but I am constantly amazed at their individual
behaviors.  Cats are as much individual personalities as humans.  Two of mine are
sisters, though I am sure they had different fathers.  Jane wants constant
attention, and brings us her string - which is very definitely her special
possession - to play with any time she sees us sitting still  She is a lovely soft
gray, but we call her the dumb blonde.  Lottie, a  plump 'tuxedo' cat with only
half a white mask on her jet black face, scorns such childish things.  She
likes to sit on top of the computer monitor and see that I do my job properly.
In the evening my DH often has his supper on a tray by the fire.  Lottie waits
until he settles in with a cup of tea and cookies, and then jumps onto the
tray and demands some cookie crumbs.  She will settle down on his tray for the
evening - he can carry the tray to the kitchen and she won't stir.  She also
demands water at the kitchen faucet, mewing until we set it  to drip.
Unfortunately sometimes she drinks too much after she has just eaten and it all comes up,
so I try to control the times she can drink.  I've had many cats in my long
life and each was special. I think the Good Lord had a good day when He made
cats - and it also convinces me He has a sense of humor - but dogs do that, too.