From:  [mailto: Cersgarden@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 23:23:48 EST
Subject: [CHAT] rtd f/DC

Friends, I have rtd from our (granddaughter Nadia, I & 110 chaperones &
7th <br>graders) trip to DC with side trips to Baltimore, Gettysburg &
Lancaster. It <br>was cold and so windy but dry. Security is tough
everywhere. I went to the <br>Botanical Gardens and they only allow so
many in at a time. All the bldgs had <br>security chks and Smithsonian's
American History Bldg had a db chk so there was <br>lines everywhere we
went. The gardens have been renovated since I was there <br>last. There
was a special orchid show on display. The area gardens had
at home. I <br>did walk quickly thru the Natl Cathedral gardens but
nothing in bloom. It <br>wasn't as pretty as I remembered it to be. The
boxwood was very lg and seemed over <br>grown to me. Mardi, this is a
stop you must make but not necessarily for the <br>gardens. Also
revisited Mt Vernon and the boxwood hedges were so large with <br>large
separations. Perhaps this is the look they work for but not pleasing to
scanned many rapidly but I do remember a discussion <br>of spirea. I cut
mine to approx 4" removing old stems in the fall and trim <br>severely
after they bloom which promotes a 2nd bloom. <br> Jim, your photo was
incrediable. What is the overall length of the <br>display shown?<br>
Kitty, how goes the job?<br> Anyone grow Sanicula?<br> I am planting
seeds tonight. I am behind but didn't want to add more for <br>my
husband to care for while I was gone. He did well with the many pots in

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com