Re: NOW mini-mansions

I finally got around to reading some of the latest issue of Horticulture.
Tony Avent's article on "The Curse of the Green Meatballs" applies to some
of the discussion here re landscaping of new areas.  "...from sea to shining
sea, our country is blighted by the green meatball syndrome.  I think this
is the influence of the Italians...expanses of lawn and lots of shrubs
pruned into little green meatballs."  The short article is pretty funny.  If
you don't subscribe to H and would like to read the article, let me know.